East African Healing Services (EAHS) is an association of African, mainstream, and other refugee and immigrant human service providers certified by the Minnesota Department of Human Services to provide Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS). We recognize there is unique cultural and religious character in Somali, other East African, and Middle Eastern refugees and immigrants in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. We are committed to providing services to immigrants and refugees in their own language and in ways that are trustworthy to them. We believe that the relatively recent arrival of diverse populations in Minnesota and their previous war and refugee camp experiences, added to the particular language, cultural and religious characteristics of each population, have made it difficult for main stream providers to give effective services.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide ARMHS services to qualifying East African and Middle Eastern refugees and immigrants in Minnesota to help them restore functioning diminished or lost because of trauma and mental illness.
- Under supervision of the mental health professional develop and update at required intervals the functional assessments, interpretive summaries and treatment plans for assigned clients.
- Provide community intervention with families, agencies and other providers
- Develop a crisis prevention plan and monitor mental health status of each assigned client.
- Provide mental health rehabilitative interventions particularly basic living and social skills by meeting face-to-face with clients twice per week.
- Document all services provided in mental health rehabilitative language within required deadlines. Have proficiency using Procentive Electronic Health Records for client documentation.
- Participate in scheduled supervision and staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the behavioral sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2000 hours of face-to-face documented hours.
- Demonstrated respect for and sensitivity to family and cultural issues.
- Experience working with refugees or recent immigrants
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Work well independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to use computers and word processing software.
- Drivers’ license and access to vehicle to use for work
- If all documentation is submitted within the required timeframe and additional 15% will be added to you bi-monthly pay check.
- Salary will be determined by experience and ability to fufill expected job perfomance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
Normal small office conditions. This position works out of East African Healing Services’ office at 2021 E. Hennepin Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55413 and the community. Job duties are performed during weekday business hours, but occasional evening or weekend hours may be needed to accommodate client schedules. Salary is based upon experience and ability to complete required documents.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
To Apply, Please summit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at 651-330-6048.