East African Healing Services Inc
Minneapolis, MN 55413•Remote work available under Covid 19 Restrictions
$29 – $31 an hour – Full-time, Part-time
At East African Healing Services, strives to make a meaningful and lasting difference in the lives of the adults we serve. East African Healing Services is currently seeking a Clinical trainee/therapist to provide outpatient services and develop Diagnostic Assessments. Qualified candidates must hold a Master’s Degree in a mental health discipline and are on a clinical licensure track. Caseloads will include outpatient therapy services and developing initial /update Diagnostic Assessments with adults from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing Diagnostic assessments and personalized Treatment Plans
- Providing ongoing individual psychotherapy to adults in the comfort of their own homes or via Teletherapy
- Ensure compliance with DHS regulations
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive services
- Must possess clinically creative skills
- Must be able to sustain attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be flexible, reliable and able to meet paperwork deadlines
- Must possess great organizational skills.
- Encourage client retention and regular communication, coordinate services with other health care providers to ensure that the client receives adequate services,
- Provide adequate documentation of services, i.e., complete progress notes
- Document contact with families or other providers
- Participate in department clinical supervision and other meetings, including a monthly group staff meeting.
- Receive supportive supervision as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to pass Background Check
- Master’s degree in a behavioral science-related field and independent licensure in a discipline that meets Minnesota’s DHS definition of a Mental Health Professional according to MN 245.462. These licenses are:
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Mental Health (CNS)
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Psychiatrist (MD)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Salary: $29.00 to $31.00 /hour
- Master’s (Required)
- 50% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Work Remotely
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
To Apply, Please summit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office at 651-330-6048.