Position Description: Mental Health Practitioner
- Assess client needs, identify client goals, and plan services so that recipients’ needs are met and achievement of goals is promoted. Develop positive working relationships with clients to engage them in working on their goals.
- Provide services to assigned clients using the approved activities included within Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS): Basic Living and Social Skills, Community Intervention, and Transition to Community Living.
- Provide crisis assessment and intervention by involving supervision, family and community resources to ensure clients receive the help they need to be safe themselves and keep others safe in their homes and in the community.
- Promptly document services in the individual client chart following the progress note structure, including goal from treatment plan worked on, intervention activity utilized, client response, and the plan for upcoming contacts.
- Complete Minnesota DHS required pre-service training in mental health topics. Participate in agency in-service training and continuing education according to individual training plan developed with clinical supervisor.
- Coordinate with clinical supervisor to hold supervision meetings according to Minnesota DHS requirements and to complete 18 hours of observation of services by supervisor within the first 80 hours of employment.
- Develop knowledge about community resources useful to clients and how to access these.
- Facilitate communication within the agency and with others in the community to coordinate and define service direction in order for client to attain goals.
- 21 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Class D Minnesota Drivers License
- Must have at least 2000 hours of providing Mental health services
- Ability to develop professional working relationships with clients
- Prefer experience working with refugee patients with mental illness
- Prefer experience in the Minnesota social service system
- Fluent in non-English language and competent in the culture of the ethnic group of clients served
- Fluent in Arabic is plus but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health: 3 years
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com or call 651-330-6048 and ask for Richard.
East African Healing Services is an immigrant driven non-profit organization located in St Paul, MN. Our mission is to promote health, raise awareness and improve the understanding of mental health symptoms to individuals and groups dealing with the symptoms.
EAHS is actively looking to add new employees and professional who share our vision and hope for new refugees/immigrants dealing with mental health symptoms because of their unfortunate past and difficult situations. If interesting, we highly recommend you to join our team of professionals and send us your resume and cover letter. If you have questions, concerns or suggestion please send us an email at Career@eahsmn.org.
You can also apply using the online form below: